Friday, May 7, 2021

He Keeps Me

 The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. ~Psalm 121:7-8


God kept me.  When I look back over my life I see all the ways that He kept me and is keeping me.  What a blessing to know that God is looking out for me and over me.  He is watching me as I come and go.  God is good and He is a loving Father. 

 He does nothing half way.  He keeps you from all harm.  No matter the circumstance, we can trust that God is in the midst of it working it out for our good according to His purpose ( Romans 8;28)  We know that His plans for us are not to harm us, but to prosper us and give us hope and a future ( Jeremiah 29;11). So the weapons the enemy throws at us will not prosper (Isaiah 54:17).

You may be thinking I have heard this all before, but I challenge you and myself to take a moment to reflect on the many ways that God has protected you and guided you.  Just getting to and from a destination safely or walking away from a car accident unharmed.  Food and other provisions being provided daily.  Good health and access to medical care. Comfort when one is stressed or feeling overwhelmed. New mercies each and every day (Lamentation 3:22-23).

Throughout this pandemic, wearing masks and gloves and constantly sanitizing God has kept us.  We have His breath in our lungs. As one song says, it could have gone another way. That's more than enough reason to praise Him and thank Him for all He does, for keeping us.


Father I thank You for keeping me through it all. I don't deserve it, but You keep me anyway.   Thank You for watching over me and loving me.  Thank You for being my defender.  Thank You for being my peace. Thank You for your grace.  Thank You for love.  Thank You for keeping my family. Thank You for being God.  In Jesus name.  Amen


2 comments: