Monday, July 27, 2026

Jehova El- My God

 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shieldand the hornof my salvation, my stronghold. ~Psalm 18:2

Jehova Eli means my God.  In Psalm 18 we find David praising and worshipping God for his deliverance.  David has a personal relationship with God.  It is intimate.

Just as God was a rock for David, He has been and is my rock.  God is my firm foundation.  I stand on the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Jesus is my King, Savior, and friend. My God is a deliver and refuge .  He is my safe space. My peace amongst chaos.  He is my anchor.

I have been walking with Christ for most of my life, but I still desire a more intimate relationship with Him.  I know that this obtain by spending more time with Him.  More time with His word.  It requires me to be still and hand the reigns over to Him.

As my pasture shared one Sunday, when I am still I can become more aware.  I can hear clearly His voice .  He reveals Himself to me.  He makes me aware of His availability.  I can go to Him about any and everything because God cares about the details of my life.  

And when I go to Him I can trust that He will respond.  The Lord hears us when we cry out to Him.  He will respond and assure us of His promises.  He will fulfill them all because He is God.  He does not lie.

My God is the only wise God.  Ruler of everything and I  grateful to know Him.  Grateful that veil has been torn and I have direct access to Him.  Thank You Lord.

Father, may I consistently make time for You.  May I be a doer of Your word.  You have granted me salvation and now May I continue to be sanctified; set a part for Your purpose in the Kingdom. Give me a clean heart and a renewed spirit.  Bless Your people.  In z Jesus name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment