Monday, April 5, 2021

After Easter

For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.~2 Corinthians 5:14-15

What is often referred to as Holy Week has ended, but living a life holy unto God has not.  This morning I found myself asking the question “What comes after Easter?  What comes after Resurrection Sunday?”  Life comes!  He lives so now I can live and I live this life for Him.  His love for me demonstrated on the Cross and my love for Him compels me to do so.

It’s the daily living by faith that matters( 2 Corinthians 5:7).  Walking it out.  God has given us everything that we need for a godly life (2 Peter 1:3).  We just have to receive and walk in it.  After Easter also comes the work of sharing the gospel, the good news, of Jesus Christ with others.   The world needs to know what God has done for us.  He has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:18-19)  We don’t have to be at odds or separated from His love.  We are forgiven.  We are loved.  We just need to accept His gift.

Easter is not just one day out of the year.  It’s every day.  Our Savior, my Savior lives!

Lord,  thank You for what comes next.  Thank You for life.  Thank You for you banner of love.  Thank You for reconciliation.  Thank You for peace.  May I ( we) live each day with the full knowledge of You and your love for us and may we share it with others.  In Jesus name.  Amen

1 comment: