Thursday, April 1, 2021

God's gift

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  ~John 3:16


Tomorrow is Good Friday.  The day that Jesus laid it all on the line for me and the world.  He shed His blood and gave His life that I might be saved; that I might live in the freedom of His love.  I was looking for scriptures that I could share with others to mark this day, but they all seemed so cumbersome.  This is the one God laid on my heart.  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whosever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16) 

God loves us.  As messed up as we are God loved us enough to sacrifice His one and only son that we might live and not die,  Jesus took on our sins ( 1 John 2:2) so that we might be reconciled to God (Romans 5:10).  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. ( 1 John 2:2)

He gave His Son so we can live.  As I think of Good Friday and what it meant for Jesus it sobers me.  Jesus suffered for me and the world.  He died an agonizing death.  He was mocked and beaten.  He hung on a cross.  Yet, even then He asked God to forgive us (Luke 23:34)  That's love.

 Easter is not about Spring Break or Easter Eggs or bunnies. It not about sleeping in late, but it is about restoration.  The restoration I receive because of the gift God gave to me, to all of us.  Christ had to die in order for me to live, but the truth doesn't end there.  I live because He didn't stay in that tomb.  He got up on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:4)  with all power in His hand (Mathew 28:18). I live because my Savior lives. I have a home in heaven because of the love God and His precious gift.  The world does not have to perish, we can choose life by believing in Jesus and accepting His love.


Father, thank You for loving us.  Thank You for looking past our faults and seeing our need.  Our need for You.  Thank You for sacrificing your Son so that we might live.  May we think on the real meaning of this season and give You praise.  In Jesus name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment