Friday, April 16, 2021

Our Good, Good Father

 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! ~Matthew 7:9-11

Like any mother, I want the best for my children.  If their is a problem, I want to jump in and fix it or find solutions.  Every day I pray for God to guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  I want them to have good days and a good life.  An issue arose with my eldest son yesterday and "supermom" wanted to fix it. It was nothing major, but I wanted to make it better for him.  He is a adult, but being a mother never stops. I immediately started praying about the problem.  I went to the Supreme God, my Father.

This got me thinking about how good God is.  The problem at the time had not been resolved, but I thought about how much energy I was putting into trying to make things better for my son and then I thought about all the things that God does daily to make life better for me, His child (1 John 3:1).  The thought brings tears to my eyes because He has already done so much.  He gave His Son for me so that I can have life (John 3:16) and have it more abundantly (John 10:10).

I serve a good, good Father.  He is matchless.  There is none like Him.  He sees every need and He responds.  He gives good gifts and all we have to do is ask ( Matthew 7:11).  I am grateful to report that my son's issue has been resolved.  God answers prayer.  It was just another example of how God the Father is always behind the scenes putting things into place.  Life is not always easy and circumstances are not always smooth, but God is always good.  I have to stand on that truth so that the enemy can't creep in an attempt to rob me of my joy.  I have a good, good Father and I loved by Him.

Good Good Father-Chris Tomlin

Lord, thank You for your love and being a God who cares for Your children.  You are a good, good Father and I praise your Holy name,  Bless your children and help us to look to You. In Jesus name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment