Friday, April 23, 2021

Rest in His Shadow

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. 
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  Psalm 91:1-2


 God is good and perfect in all His ways.  He is my provider, my shelter and my comfort.  His word tells me that I can dwell in His shelter, His love, and find rest in His shadow.  He is where I can go to find solace when my world seems so full of distress.  It is He who will guard me from the enemy and protect me for He is my fortress.  He is my God.  He is the One I trust.

God never fails me.  He never leaves my side.  He is faithful and trustworthy and true.  He is God and He loves me, He is with me in every struggle and gives me the strength to overcome,  He quiets my soul. He gives me a peace that is matchless and surpasses all understanding.  He is my portion and my Rock,  He is my Redeemer, my everything.

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. ( Psalm 34:8)  I am blessed because of God  and because He is my refuge.   Try Him and see for yourself.

Father, I love You.  Thank you for Your Spirit that allows me to continue taking steps forward.  It is You who allows me to overcome obstacles.  It is You who gives me grace upon grace.  You, Lord, are my lifeline and I thank You. I thank You that I rest in You. I can breathe and draw in Your strength.  Watch over my family and be a hedge of protection around them.  Let us all draw closer to You and worship You for Who You are.  Forgive us when seek to find shelter in temporary things rather than looking to You our eternal Father.  Forgive us of our sins and let us be quick to go to You in confession with a repentant heart.  Draw us close Lord and be our guide.  In Jesus name.  Amen

2 comments: