Friday, April 16, 2021

Longing for God- with open arms

 As the deer pants for streams of water,  so my soul pants for you, my God. ~Psalms 42:1

My soul longed for an experience with God.  To experience His Spirit flowing through me and in me.  I ached for Him and longed to worship Him.  My gracious Father did not leave me panting.  He allowed me to feel His presence and worship Him in all His glory 

 As I drove to work this morning,  song after song spoke the words of my heart as tears streamed down my face.  Tears of joy and gratitude because God heard my cry for Him,  Not for what He could do for me, but just Him.  His word tells us that we will find Him when we seek Him with our whole heart (Jeremiah 29:13) and His word never fails ( Isaiah 55:11).

Father thank You for hearing the cry of my heart and focusing my day on You and your goodness,  Thank You for your joy and peace.  Thank You for Your Spirit.  You are my sanctuary and I love you.  Bless the people of this earth and may we turn away from sin and look to You for You are our healer.  May we humble ourselves so that our land might be healed as we live in communion with You.  In Jesus name.  Amen

1 comment:

  1. Amen, amen! Psalms 42:1 is one of my favorite Scriptures! Thank God for his presence and our desire for it. Beautiful insight

    ReplyDelete